I am so impressed with my fellow cohort members! Our first day of microteaching began, which meant that small groups would practice teaching a short lesson while those remaining classmates would take on the role of students. The first two teaching groups were wonderful and their lessons not only reflected care and creativity, but they were age appropriate and engaging as well. What impressed me most about these teachers was their professional presence and respect for their class. They were able to manage the classroom (and some questions thrown at them) very well. In fact, they all seemed quite at ease asking and answering questions from their "students." This process made me wonder about my "audience," and what I should expect when I participate in my microteaching session. Knowing that my fellow classmates will be acting the age of children in our intended grade, makes me want to put even more time and thought into planning our lesson. It has me wondering what knowledge and experience a student in our intended age group would have about our topic prior to our teaching it, and what questions they may present. This is exciting, as it leads you to anticipate your students' needs, responses, and questions. Over all, I think it is going to be a very rewarding experience. What a great way to get our feet wet...by teaching each other!
~ Christy
No comments:
Post a Comment